Member Services Coordinator
(1 year term)
Farm Safety Nova Scotia (FSNS) is a not-for-profit society with a mandate to promote and support health and safety practices within our farm community. FSNS is a member based organization providing services to over 2,400 registered farms in the province. FSNS focuses its efforts on advocacy, awareness, resource development, training and education. Farm Safety Nova Scotia is administered with support from the Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture and Growing Forward 2, a federal- provincial-territorial initiative.
Farm Safety Nova Scotia is hiring a Member Services Coordinator for a 1-year term position. The Member Services Coordinator will be responsible for communications and outreach events with the farm community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating farm safety outreach events for members (e.g. info sessions, workshops, etc.);
- Assisting with the development, organization and delivery of educational resources and training;
- Responding to inquiries and assisting with mitigating safety-related issues for farmers;
- Coordinating the promotion of Farm Safety Nova Scotia and its activities;
- Coordinating various forms of public facing communications (e.g. website, social media, articles).
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented but able to work independently
- Knowledge of various software programs (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe) and communication platforms (e.g. WordPress)
- Knowledge of Nova Scotia agriculture and occupational health and safety are considered assets
- Must have valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Salary: $36,454 and optional benefits package
35hrs/week; some outside of regular business hours and/or out of the office work may be required (e.g. events)
Anticipated employment term: April 2018 – March 2019
This position is partially funded through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s Career Focus Program. To qualify under this program, you must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30;
- unemployed or underemployed;
- have graduated in the last three calendar years, including Spring 2018 graduation, from a university, college or CEGEP;
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Job’s Initiative);
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com (60 Research Drive, Bible Hill)
Deadline: January 8th, 2018
The Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture also has an employment opportunity under the Career Focus Program for a Member Engagement Coordinator. These organizations work closely together and applicants are encouraged to note interest in both positions upon applying. Successful applicants will be contacted for a combined interview with NSFA and FSNS.